Zoom Web Conferencing:
Zoom is a web conferencing tool that is available to EVERYONE AT LTU (students, staff, and faculty).
Zoom can be accessed in several different ways.
- Using your LTU email address from https://zoom.us/
- Zoom Mobile App
Go to zoom.us from any browser.
- Select Sign in
- On sign in screen, scroll down and sign in with Google (use your LTU email credentials)
- Select Meetings, Schedule a new meeting.
- Select desired options. Using the portal option allows for additional settings such as Create Breakout Rooms (Zoom video: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-breakout-rooms)
- Go to Canvas course. Select Zoom from course navigation.
- Click on Schedule a New Meeting
Select options, Save
Joining a Zoom scheduled meeting
- Go to Canvas course. Select Zoom from course navigation
- From the right of the Zoom meeting date/time click to select Join
Using Zoom Mobile
What you will need:
- Download the mobile Zoom app (either App Store or Google Play)
- Start the Zoom session on your phone app (suggest setting your phone to“Do not disturb”)
- Type in the Meeting ID and Join